Monday, March 06, 2017

RGB Monday

Here’s RGB Monday to keep away your Monday Blues and make feel colourful and yet cheerful! And this Link-in feature invites your colourful photos with the content of RGB – Red, Green, and Blue. 

Bottles and lids of soft drinks

IMG_3802

The image has been cropped from the picture of a provision shop; I shot at Thiruporur on the outskirt of Chennai.

p.s. It seems the merchants of Tamil Nadu have decided to stop sell foreign soft drinks like Pepsi, Coke, Sprite, and Miranda… from the March 1st. The decision was taken by the traders association of Tamil Nadu following the pro-jallikattu protest and as a move towards boycotting foreign products. Not only that they keep front the decision to prevent foreign products but argues that soft drinks are unhealthy to consume. Though I agree with the second one that soft drinks aren’t healthy and suggestible to drink, but if they decided to avert the overseas products it should apply to all and not alone on soft drinks which is least per cent. And I really want to ask those protests against foreign products and if they are sure about the decision will they prevent the millions of people working in MNC’s and give up the economic development support by this industry. I see there’s both good and bad in any kind of things and many foreign productions has become lifesavers for many and in the globalised world we can’t quit things completely unless they aren’t good for health or country and enter the policies/rights of nation. How many iPhone fans in India? Is iPhone or apple is Indian origin? Soft drinks are unhealthy and it should be boycott only on this basis. There is an unclear politics behind these and I can’t go inside it without a moderate picture. 

1. Devilish Angel

12 comments:

ashok said...

Good decision..but we have to wait and see how far it goes...

Devilish Angel said...

Looks colorful. Here is my link http://ynotenjoyinglifeinmyownway-ii.blogspot.in/2017/03/rgb-monday.html

L. D. said...

Good colors for your photo. It is hard to monitor people in what they eat and drink.

Twilight Man said...

All the political woes often make their citizens suffer. Besides the foreign drinks and phones, there so many other thousands of foreign products available in the market.

George said...

It's hard to know why some products are being boycotted for being imported while other products are not. Politics doesn't always make sense.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful colors.... BUT---I hate it when the government tries to choose what we (the people) can and cannot do or eat or drink... We need to make the choices ourselves...

It's all POLITICAL.
Hugs,
Betsy

Indrani said...

Good one for RGB.
I agree with your thoughts on this.

Ankita said...

lovely shot! I feel all colas irrespective of brands and origin must be banned, they are very harmful for health esp for growing children.

Twilight Man said...

I often thought that would be nice if you always replied all the comments. I read in the blogging portals that replies would show our appreciation and excite the readers to keep coming back to read. It would attract new commenters who sees such positive interaction. Good day to you Jeevan.

Jeevan said...

Twilight Man - I always like interacting with bloggers and at the beginning I used to replay each and every comment in my blog and it would be exciting to read and replay and sometime it used to go as a series of communication. But in later days many a comments were left as a note of appreciation and I was too bore to comment only thanks as reply to almost. But as a appreciation I give my true feedback to my followers in their blogs. I always reply to comments with queries and appreciate thoughtful ones. Let me try to be interactive much often and many thanks for expressing your thought… and it's encouraging :)

Sandi said...

I have to agree with you about them being unhealthy. A friend's husband quit drinking soda and lost 50 pounds really quick!

Rajesh said...

Very colourful.