Wednesday, December 23, 2015

December and Troublesome

The year has almost come to an end with Christmas and New Year ahead; I convey the greetings to you all for the same, first. The mood seems to be refreshing every time a year set to dawn or beginning something anew and this time too I feel the same, though I decided to skip making Christmas tree that followed by lighting for New Year this time, the feeling of celebration happening around could not prevent giving a sense of happiness to me. Though the mind doesn’t agree to celebrate, when still many of our people are affected by flood and rain haven’t returned to normalcy, my anticipation with the year ahead were lot. There’s a promising feel in the air, which I don’t want to disappear, and the mind also makes conclusion with an urge to renew the activities to do much better. I don’t know what things going to happen next year and I wasn’t sure about my anticipation to share anything right now. But hope for the best, as it is yet to come.

So far this month, I have done only two posts and that too on the experience related to flood and rain. December has been a devastating month for some time lately, with great disasters taking place at this time mostly, the torrential rains and flood had made this year an unforgettable one revealing a face of Chennai that the modern Chennaities unseen before. December has been my favorite month always, despite being a primary season for mosquitoes, and the beginning of Margazhi – the Tamil month and the coldest season of the year, and the only time Chennai becomes cooler as it is well known for the hotter weather almost the year. December brings me memories of travel in past, as some of the places where explored during this time and trying to connect the moment and time of each passing day make feel cherished. I also decided to make use of this month to explore places around the Chennai that I wanted to do for some time and also waked up on the day 1 of December with an active mind-set but what happened keeps me away from almost everything and also couldn’t blog on things I intend to cover this month.

But later my laptop becomes a problem, which perhaps I guess is because of the disaster. When I opened my laptop after more than a week, I was slightly taken aback seeing at its condition of dirt and dust spread around the screen and keypad. I thought something could have happened and when I switch on the device I was asked to select windows to go inside rather right into the desktop. The screen read windows memory diagnostic and later it took long time to boot and unresponsive from certain keys make me feel useless to hold back the device rather way to service center to mend on things early. I didn’t expect it to make such expenditure on hard disk and keyboard, but glad I got back the data’s that stored in the hard disk, which was converted into an external hard drive. With the new and replacement from 320 to 500GB hard disk, the laptop works pretty good and quicker than earlier and I also decided to hold minimum files on the computer to keep alive the swiftness.

Alright, have an energetic and cheerful year ahead and more charming Christmas. Time to catch up with all your blogs and some have been untouched for less than a month. Hope u all bear me…  I am also on a mission to finish APJ Abdul Kalam’s autobiography (Wings of fire) before the year end, and being a slow reader, I am trying to be fast. Lol

15 comments:

Devilish Angel said...

Happy New Year Jeevan...

George said...

I hope the new year will bring relief from some of the problems that came in December. Hopefully the rains have ceased and flood waters have receded. I'm glad you were able to get your laptop working again. It is always very nerve-wracking when a computer fails.

Happy New Year to you.

TexWisGirl said...

sorry you had trouble with the laptop on top of everything else with the flooding and disasters. glad you were able to get it repaired and better. i do hope you will see better days ahead!

L. D. said...

It has been a rough flood season for you and your family. I hope things turn around soon and you can get back to the normal things of life. I appreciate your stopping by my blog and enjoy getting to know you better each time I stop in at your post.

Anonymous said...

Hope the flooding has gone away and your computer works fine... Wishing you a trouble-free Christmas!

Vetirmagal said...

merry Christmas, and a very Happy New Year Jeevan. Wishing you the best.

Ponniyinselvan/karthikeyan(1981-2005 ) said...

Wish you a happy new year.
anbudan
karthik amma

Destination Infinity said...

Glad you got your data back. This is one reason why I invest in low-cost laptops - I change the entire laptop if there is a major repair. Servicing these things costs a lot!

Enjoy the book. I am sure it will be inspiring :)

Destination Infinity

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm glad your laptop is faster than it was but I'm sorry it was the weather that forced you to spend money to improve its performance. I hope January turns out to be much better than December, and that 1016 is a very good year for you.

GreenComotion said...

All that rain and then the laptop.
Things will resolve.
Hang in there!
Peace :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, I am so sorry to hear about the horrible December storms. We dodged a bullet last night since a horrible storm was headed our way... Luckily, we didn't have any troubles here --but three people died in Tennessee because of that storm. Mother Nature can be brutal at times...

Sorry about the computer problems also. That is NEVER fun to deal with. I hope that January is a much much better month --and that 2016 will be one of your BEST.

Hugs,
Betsy

Uppal said...

Glad to know that things are returning to normal. So encouraging too that your computer is repaired and is faster than before.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Hope and pray that year 2016 blesses you with good health and fertility of creative successes!

ashok said...

Hope the new year will bring lot of cheer to u Jeevan!

Indrani said...

Happy new year to you Jeevan! Let the coming year be free of all troubles.

Rajesh said...

Looking forward to new year. Wish you Happy and Prosperous new Year.