Saturday, August 01, 2015

30 + Things

July 31st I turned 30. But I feel nothing turned out to be like people emphasis about the number . For some time now, I consider age as a matter not (instead being a fact) when everyday becomes a record. I think age is only for the body but sometime even despite the fact, and to be stunned someone’s active used to be. For example APJ Abdul Kalam! When I see people complain tedious at very young age, Kalam’s energy level and active lifestyle until his last breath (at age of 84) amaze me and reinforce by belief that age isn’t a matter or barrier until we are sufficient with energy/power.

Turned 30
My favorite chocolate cake... but i felt more choco in it 
Birthdays aren’t special anymore these years and the day passes like just another except getting attention from family and friends to be greeted. For last few years I had no celebration on my birthday and I also stopped anticipating as I feel nothing turns out if I celebrate or not the day. Last time I celebrated my birthday (with a cake) was in 2011 and after that I don’t have a reason or thought to celebrate. This time too I wasn’t in intention of celebration, but my brother arranged for a cake and since our grandparents are at home this time we decided not to miss the chance.

As u perhaps knew my grandpa wasn’t well and after discharged from hospital, he was at our home and supposed to stay until their new home (which is under construction) is ready. Two months have completed now since grandparents moved into our home and grandpa shows great improvement in health and activities after going through (and continue to do) physiotherapy and taking insulin injection for sugar. He put steady and fast pace in walking these days and being affected by Parkinson’s he struggles speaking a word or two and experience loss of memory sometime but wasn’t anything serious to complain. 

9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i am glad your grandfather is improving somewhat! and yes, good to have a family celebration while the family is there.

happy 30th birthday, jeevan!

L. D. said...

Well I wish you a great day on your birthday and for many more days to come. Being 30 means a great accomplishment and more wisdom continues to grow.

GreenComotion said...

FWIW - Happy Birthday, Jeevan!
Have a Beautiful Weekend!
Peace :)

Raghavan alias Saravanan M said...

Glad to hear that your grandpa is doing well. Many Happy Birthday Jeevan! God bless you.

Cheers,
Raghavan alias Saravanan M.

Destination Infinity said...

I guess you had a nice birthday :) Good to know your grandpa is recovering quickly. I too don't celebrate my birthdays with cakes, but if others want to, I don't object.

Destination Infinity

Twilight Man said...

Happy Birthday Jeevan Kumar.
I agree that age is just a number and it's important that we live happily and meaningfully.

Indrani said...

Wishing you loads of happiness in the coming year Jeevan!
I am glad your grand father is recovering fast.

EG CameraGirl said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Jeevan!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful day!