Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A lighthearted moment with DI

Usually we go to a destination, but will you believe me if I say a destination came in search of me? J But you have to, because, it happened to me. Such incredible will happen only with people like us, who are challenged or differently abled. Hehehe… But one small correction in this term is, the destination is not a place but a person called Destination Infinity! Shortly referred as DI, is the identity of this blogger in blogosphere. 

Usually we invite someone into our house from being inside. But for a change, he invited me with a charming smile sitting inside our home, as I came little late while back on a ride on ECR. Though coming back from the same, with a different destination, he was on time at home. But well knowing about his visit, I decided to make a quick hop on and off on ECR. Glad I didn't miss the opportunity as I assured our meeting and it was a moment I could cherish for very long time.

I wasn’t certain will I meet him in person until that day. But I was quite amazed when I saw his mail that enquires the opportunity of meeting me at home that evening. I would have easily missed this chance if I haven’t login my Gmail on Sunday and went on my way leisure on ECR. I know Rajesh for a long time and came to visit his pages through fellow blogger Rakesh’s blog. Initially I showed interest on his posts on places of interest, but gradually stared to follow his every post as I find it simple yet interesting. Though it a personal blog, his way of writing sounds professional… perhaps because he also make blogging as his profession with another blog.

Apart scrolling back his personal diaries, he is a brilliant writer on short stories and reviewing books and movies. He also lately established himself as a published (self) novelist. The Archers Revenge (his book) is a very interesting crime fiction set in India. He is a wonderful event manager, as he covers many events happening in and around Chennai through his blog. We share a similar passion for blogging, which I think made us quite travel by blogosphere.

I was happy meeting him and it was a lighthearted moment, and I think he also felt the same. Our conversation was almost around blogging, places of interest and traveling. I too learn something about him and the meeting was a great transformation on the perception I got on him. To be frank, I thought he must be someone uncertain talking about, but I saw an amusement guy in him, who giggles and shows great conscious about things. More than happiness it was a feel pride moment meeting you DI! Thank you so much J

18 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This sounds like a wonderful meeting indeed Jeevan. We make so many friendships and connections through blogging don't we?

TexWisGirl said...

so wonderful to meet a blogging friend in person! and so kind of him to come to you! :)

George said...

Meeting bloggers in person is always a special treat. I'm glad you had a nice meeting with DI.

Vetirmagal said...

thats so sweet of DI. I am visiting you whenever I will make a trip down south.

L. D. said...

That is so great that you could meet each other. I sometimes wonder if I met some of my blogger friends if I really would like to be around them. I know some that seem a little bit too uptight for me to be around. I am glad you had a great meeting.

Jen said...

I'm glad your meeting went well. It's good sometimes to meet in person. I do feel like some fellow bloggers are true friends.

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Great post.

Renu said...

Its always nice to see some friend..

Rajesh said...

It is nice to meet a friend in person whom we know only through the blogging world.

Krishna/കൃഷ്ണ said...

An interesting meeting with DI

thanks

Uppal said...

Great experience shared with us.I do think if a chance arises to meet a blog friend, it is certainly going to be an exciting event.

Destination Infinity said...

It was great meeting you. We had a great discussion on blogging and other topics, on that day. I loved your dog, it was so nice to me even before you came! I will be writing a post on ISKCON Temple visit that day, I will link this post from there. Hope to meet you again sometime :)

Destination Infinity

Namrata said...

That's so great Jeevan. Nice to see you so happy. Sometimes these small gesture of strangers also matter a lot. Keep smiling buddy. :)

Jeevan said...

Namrata - I know DI (Rajesh) well through blogs, so he's not a stranger :)

Sandhya said...

DI is a very talented blogger. He can write about anything. It was nice to read about the meeting of you two. I can imagine how you must have enjoyed. Nice.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

How neat to meet Rajesh in person---and how wonderful that he came to meet you... I will write and thank him for doing that. I wish we could meet you also --but we probably won't ever get to India. SAD!

I love meeting blog friend so I know how excited you were to meet him...

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

How lovely to spend this nice time with a new friend.

Bikram said...

How i wish I could meet all the blogger friends .. But One thing is there next i come to Chennai I am gonna meet up for sure

Bikram