Monday, February 17, 2014

My level of comfort

Life is quite stressful and pain already, but the Oct 17th is a day I could not forget and also don’t want to remember which took me further into my future’s setback. Just a week early going into the cast for my femur fracture was quite terrible and it was a moment that ever in my life felt so painful and even an inch movement in leg touch the extreme. It was four month since (today) the incident happen and only I was able to visit the doctor on Friday even I was out in car twice. He was treating me from the home, looking at the x-rays which his staffs come and take at home; and only to wear the cast I went to his clinic in a small ambulance. I am quite well now and only my knee has to bend little more to sit much comfort… I am still unable to stand on my feet which enabled shifting me much easier from one place to another then. I feel little pain in my left knee only on which I could put strength and I also lack balance and fear to put much effect when attempting to stand with weak bone.

The fracture wasn't in my bone alone; it also broke some comfort levels I enjoyed, which I am sure to lose sometime in future at step by step progress  has skipping few steps all of sudden. I have planned a lot using the standing ability of mine esp. on traveling progress, which is the mainstream delectation in my life and I almost dream on traveling delight. What was my mindset exactly four months back wasn't quite same now, and I have to prepare myself to face the loss of ability and how to travel from shifting one seat to another. We own a SUV and using it for the last 6 years esp. because of the comfort level it provides to me and I could travel long distances without any difficulty in our car and now being unable to stand, I couldn't climb into it. I have only two options now on traveling, which was to change the car with low height or modify the SUV with Turny Swivel seat or place wheelchair lift at the rear.

Right moment, we are in intense search of house and only two weeks were left to shift the home… parents were going thought great stress and headaches because of it. The house we hoped to occupy had dropped at last moment, as the owner of the house demands more rent out of our budget; we are now even looking at apartment’s rather independent houses where pets are allowed. Our entire thoughts are about getting a nice house right now and only then I could take the next step as altering my wheelchair into much comfort and modify the SUV. Why I much hold with SUV was, because it was the car I could take anywhere and it makes wonderful drive on any terrain except mud roads, I am more love with it as it is my favorite vehicle. I have traveled nearly all mountain passes of Tamil Nadu with this vehicle and I never experienced difficult with the car getting breakdown or spoil the plan.

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, jeevan, i am sorry for the stress you and your parents are going through in trying to find a good place to live! i do hope that will be resolved and you can relocate quickly! bless you all.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I hope you continue to heal Jeevan! And I hope you all are able to find a suitable home soon.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear it's stressful for you all. Wishing you health and strength back in your legs and a lucky outcome with the house hunting.

Karen Lakis said...

I wish you a lot of luck in finding a new home and adapting your SUV so you can use it with comfort.

Renu said...

Wish that you get a better home and fast recovery..

Krishna/കൃഷ്ണ said...

I pray to god, that your problems will be solved earliest

thanks

Rajesh said...

I hope you will get speedy recovery. I can only pray God on behalf you from this far.

George said...

I'm sorry to hear that there is so much stress in your life and the life of your parents at this time. I hope you will be able to find a suitable house.

Rahul Bhatia said...

Best wishes for a quick recovery and fulfillment of all wishes!

Destination Infinity said...

Don't worry about the delay in finding the right house - good houses will always take time to locate. But once that effort is taken, you'll be happy. All the best and wishing you a speed recovery.

Destination Infinity

Vetirmagal said...

Waiting for events to take place , within the appointed time, is stressful for the family. With God's grace, everything will work out well. All the best.

Elsie Amata said...

My heart goes out to you and your parents. My hope for you is you'll heal smoothly and quickly.

Sandhya said...

You will be alright soon and going out by the Suv, Jeevan. Yes, getting a good house is difficult, but you will get it soon.

Unknown said...

Weird. You write about how handy the SUV is for you. My husband told me today that when our house sells he wants to get rid of our trusty pickup for the last 13 years and get an SUV that is easier to get in and out of but could still haul a small trailer for camping. He is 77 and does not want much stress anymore. You will understand that.