Thursday, April 18, 2013

I’m not interested watching cricket!

This is the statement many look with awe when I say, when they ask me for score for which my replay used to be, ‘I don’t know’! Born and brought up in a country where cricket is the most celebrated sports and holding innumerable cricket fans unlike nowhere in the world, I wonder why cricket doesn't fascinate me even at least. I have played cricket in my childhood days and I used to enjoy batting chances whenever I get, even I don’t withstood more than dozen balls in a match, I feel wonderful every time I gather strength to stroke a ball as much distance I can.  I think I may have lack of patient to go through the matches that run for whole day. Or thought of what I gain watching cricket. But I show interest playing cricket in android device though it last for only few minutes before I get bored.

I am zero when it comes to knowledge about cricket and I know only the names of renowned players and who the captain is. But being a son of ardent cricket fan, I stand far away from my father and used to argue a lot against cricket, and criticize simply for nothing serious. I know he truly enjoys watching cricket and his excitement towards the mishap in match would put anyone at amaze to turn back to check everything is right. Alike my father, my young martial uncle is also a cricket enthusiast and he used to skip anything to just watch cricket. And my grandfather also used to watch cricket, even he has difficult watching TV he hadn't lose interest. But I’m not the only one in my family who doesn't like watching cricket; my late elder uncle never shown interest on cricket and I think my brother as well not interested. 

I truly disappoint with the cricket that played today and I hate the IPL (Indian Premier League) especially. With the discovery of 20/20 cricket matches I think the sport spirit has come down and cricket has become just fun and frolic. I am not against people who love watching as well playing cricket and even I like cricket but not interested that much and crazy unlike make other. For me cricket is just a sport and I don’t like seeing it apart anything… and I think IPL is conducted with phase of money spinning and not encouraged talent in anyway.  There are number of sports to play and not many know Hockey is India’s national game and even known doesn't care about it unless Olympic arrive. The good thing I see about cricket is that unites the nation and there nothing wrong playing cricket. But being crazy is what I don’t like.

12 comments:

Destination Infinity said...

I used to love cricket. But after the match fixing exposes, I stopped watching cricket in any form. I like hockey too, but these days I don't watch/follow any sport on TV.

Destination Infinity

Vetirmagal said...

Well said Jeevan. You are spot on!

Your father and grand father watched Cricket , when the matches were played in good faith.People had lots of time for the game which, as B.Shaw said "eleven fools are playing and eleven thousand are watching":-)

After the decades of scandals and match fixing and betting stuff, cricket has lost its sportsmanship, and is now only glamorous.

Total waste of time and money, used only to make moneybags richer.


Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you! Cricket bores me - and I come from England where lots of cricket is played.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi, I don't know anything much about cricket --but our country is BIG into sports. The industry (football, baseball, basketball and golf--plus more) has gotten so big --and there's so much money and greediness involved, that sports is not nearly as much fun to enjoy anymore..

Have a great day.
Betsy

George said...

I must admit that I don't know much about cricket other than it is incredibly popular in some parts of the world.

TexWisGirl said...

many of your disappointments could be applied to any professional sport here in the US, too. exhorbitant amounts of money paid to athletes. terribly high ticket prices to watch events. team owners making tons of money while there are poor people needing food and housing.

Indrani said...

I too don't like cricket.
Sheer waste of time.

Karen Lakis said...

I like some sports, but think that in general people make them out to be much more important than they should. The high salaries and ticket prices have never made sense to me. Did you say hockey is India's national game? I never would have guessed that!

eden said...

I don't like cricket but my son plays cricket in his school.

deeps said...

i enjoy watching and playing cricket, but not this T20 thing...

Meoww said...

My son and my husband are big fans of cricket and are crazy about IPL. We watch some key matches from Seoul even though start at 1130 PM for us! But i think IPL does more for dividing the country into even more pieces than it already is!

Neeraj said...

Cricket simply dominates Indian sports. Everybody wants to play cricket and wants to be Sachin Tendulkar.

Having said that, I think other sports are just starting to get some due exposure and people are getting interested in playing other sports too. For example, a relative of mine has taken up archery and that too professionally!

Cricket mania (i.e. IPL) is more about the money these days than actually about playing the game.