Monday, October 29, 2012

Simple Pleasures - Kodai

Visiting Kodaikanal is always cool and comfort since this place accompany me easily or I got to be familiar as I visited it unlike any other places and the climate is completely blissful at any time of the year. At other hand I feel sorry for this princess of hills station which is turning into concrete valleys and mountains being carved for real estate lands and natural environs polluted by carefree tourist and vehicle population had turned down this pristine town, but we can’t blame anybody as they all come to enjoying what I cherish, a little concern on its behold state will do better.

A small church
There are many places to steal our heart and sight at Kodaikanal but for better refreshment and entice one need to extend their limit out of the town and I wish only people who love and care for the nature should led so. During one of my visits to Kodaikanal I find the pretty little church in the picture above, bound to a mist environment and light blue sky behold my attention for its simple white blue structure, on the Pillar Rock Road.

Bear Shola Falls
Following the church, the little falls with stream like structure is another wonderful sight that come along the way near a shopping complex that sells homemade chocolates and eucalyptus balms. It seems only during the rainy season the water flows here but today it looks pathetic with plastic wrapper shattered around and growing shops on one side. It could really be a good attraction to the visitor if it was taken into cleaning and cut wild shrubs and protect from people throwing wrappers in. 

16 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful little church, for sure! and the falls are so pretty, too.

Devilish Angel said...

Nice shots Jeevan...

Anonymous said...

I hope the countryside remains as beautiful as it is in these shots.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

That does look like an awesome place, Jeevan. I love the little church and of course, the waterfall... WOW!!!!
Betsy

George said...

This does look like a beautiful place to visit. I'm sorry that trash left behind by visitors is a problem in your country as well as it is in ours.

Rakesh Vanamali said...

My heart longs to visit Kodai, as i read this wonderful post! Theres such a strong connect. Thank u for sharing.

Destination Infinity said...

The stream looks beautiful. I thought Kodai was better than Ooty because the latter is full of houses/buildings. I don't know what is the state of affairs now!

Destination Infinity

Unknown said...

Lovely pictures, and a beautiful blog. Keep up the good work.

Indrani said...

Lovely captures. I hope I can visit again.

deeps said...

incredible yaar...
amazing place....

ashok said...

beautiful place

Kalyan said...

beautiful captures and lovely reading...this place always amazes me.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful place, very scenic.

Meoww said...

I know, there is so much trash thrown about making the pretty place dirty... But the smell of eucalyptus... And Kodai is really wonderful place :)

eden said...

Beautiful place. Love the photos too.

Anonymous said...

As always charmingly simple - read 'beautiful' - descriptions and some heart-tugging pictures :). I have been to the church as well, must have been a decade ago, and your photograph brought my holiday with family to memory. Thanks, Jeevan :)