Saturday, June 16, 2012

Black Drongo – Bird Watching

A Black Drongo was hopping from tree to tree before taking refrain one of the tree’s branches, but preached far away from me which I was not sure of capturing off. But I thought of trying up and shoot at the bird using maximum zoom length, thanks to 14x optical zoom that make possible the pictures.
Black Drongo
The Black Drongo is not a regular visitor to the open ground in front of my house and the prettiest feature and the simplest identity of the bird is the twin tail. I saw the bird couple of times lately preached to the same shrub until very badly the tree was uprooted two week back for a building construct.
Black Drongo
ரெட்டை வால்  குருவி
I wonder if uprooting trees continue in neighborhood, the visibility of many birds perhaps would shrink. Lately I happen to watch and capture many unusual birds visiting the neighborhood and while traveling, I will bring them further in my posts.

11 comments:

ashok said...

nice capture..

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots. What an unusual tail it has!

TexWisGirl said...

i really like that forked tail! very pretty bird!

George said...

You got some good photos of this bird -- the twin tail is interesting. It's a shame so many trees need to be uprooted for building projects.

Linda said...

Great captures. How lovely!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful photos of the bird. I always worry about the birds around here ---when the tree-clearing companies come near to clear off a lot or trim trees. Nobody thinks about the birds...
Betsy

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots of the bird.

eden said...

Great captures. It is a beautiful bird.

Kalyan said...

You're so lucky to be in the midst of undiluted nature...nice captures!

Ash said...

really nice pics!

sri said...

so lovable site it is Used Vans