Saturday, April 07, 2012

Bird watching in my neighborhood

Nowadays I am becoming a passionate bird watcher and looking for birds always around my neighborhood and shutting down as much disturbance to listen to their sweet chirpings. Among the many birds mist passes our courtyard and perched to the branches, there are few regular visitors and home stayed by couple of Koels and crows.
Twin sharing
Asian Koels
Mynas are frequently sighted here like there’s always one when u need and Koels flew in once food left at the compound. They even beat the crows by arriving early to finish the left over and if this continues one day instead of shouting out for crows on special days to treat with vada, we perhaps could send sweet calls to Koel.
Kingfisher
White Throated Kingfisher
As u all know already I think that a Kingfisher has been my morning visitor everyday and it’s still holding its habit and I only missing to check it outside regularly. The bird comes to perch irregularly these days except not only in the morning and I lately discovered that it was the owner of the sweet vocal that chirps aloud in rhyming.

The unbelievable me, watched it thought binocular to astonish how amazing and cute the little white throated blows out loud series of twitter.
Rufous Treepie
Rufous Treepie
The other day an unusual bird come across our sight and after a couple of takes on failure, I captured the bird when it perch a branch of Gulmohar. The bird looked different and finding its name and identity has been tough to only discover after a serious search on Indian birds.

Rufous Treepie is the name of the unusual bird and its call was something I could easily recall hearing here via the internet and interestingly the bird is a member of the crow family (Corvidae). Found commonly on open scrub and agro-forest areas, both the sexes of the bird are alike in main body color of cinnamon with a back head and long graduated tail in bluish gray and tipped in black is enhanced by white patches on the wings.

13 comments:

ashok said...

good work Jeevan...good to know you can spot these lovely birds i your neighborhood...

Ponniyinselvan/karthikeyan(1981-2005 ) said...

Nature is great. How lovely these birds are? And their colour combination !!! Marvelous. Your camera adds beauty to beauty.
karthik+amma

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots! The kingfisher is gorgeous.

Rahul Bhatia said...

Beautiful post!

George said...

You've captured some great pictures of your feathered visitors. The Kingfisher and Treepie are more colorful than most of the birds that visit our feeders.

Kalyan said...

beautiful captures...so much nature around...lovely!

Anonymous said...

Nice birdwatch

your camera clicks best

thanks for sharing and visiting my blog

TexWisGirl said...

such beauties! love the red eyes on the koel!

eden said...

Beautiful photos, Jeevan! I always do bird watching too at the backyard and I enjoy it. There are many birds that come everyday.

Lakshmi said...

lovely pics..I spot the rufous treepie everyday at home, but it never poses for me ..enjoy birdwatching

Vetirmagal said...

Oh, you get to see them form home? Lovely visitors, every day?
Fun..
All the pictures are perfect.

Jeevan said...

Thank you all so much and I'm enjoying the birdwatching. I feel glad receiving such sweet visitors and thanks to the favorable environment holding for bird .

Dawn said...

Amazing... pics and amazing bird watching as I remember in college for guys ... birds means it was girls... hahah good one from your end... nature is always blissful :)
Love it
Cheers
Dawn