Thursday, February 15, 2007

Computer and me

Watched the Kadhalar Thinam (Lovers Day) for just few minutes last night. And i should tell this film would be one of my inspirations on Computer. Here I will share my experience of how I introduced to computers. I was touch with computer and lessons from my 3rd STD. Those days, for one year we were just went through reading the books and listening to teacher. After my 4th STD we were allowed to see computers in first time in my life that was black and white. Our teacher takes us to the air-conditioned computer room, which has 3 computers. That time I haven’t think that these machines are going to rule the world.

For me going to computer room was enjoyable, not only for the cool temperature, to watch the games miss play on the computer. Miss play bricks joining, a game like prince and shooting. Rarely some students get chance to play, bad luck I couldn’t get one chance. It continues only till my 5th std, in my new school I got first time to touch and operate the computer. They had only one and it too was black and white, and that too was in principal room. Weekly ones we visit the room, they leave us to type in word pad and play games. After few months, they brought 5 new color computers, now we got much time to spent on the computer, leaving 2 or 3 students for one computer.

Here we tried our hands on paint, and on exam times they tell us to draw some thing. First time handling the mouse, it’s non-easy to draw some thing, so we use the line option to draw a hut, to surprise hut was easiest one for every one. It continues for 2 years, in that times of recede in my walking hesitate me to visit the room, but with help of my class mates I managed to go and play with the system. Here I should thank my best friend udhyan to be very care about me till I go and come to our class. In that time the film Kadhalar dhinam (Valentiens Day) released and the animation videos by computer kids and the chatting via the net brings interest on using computer. Dreams and wishes on the computer was increased, but in a situation to left the school I miss the opportunity to play on the system, but that time I was not more aware about the computer world.

In 2000 end while I was talking with my cousin uncle, I said my wish about computer. He was having a DTP center and well know about the computers, he recommend to my dad about the computer and explain its uses. After discussing with uncle and the computer assemble companies we brought a PC, with my little knowledge and with the school experience I started to work on it. Those days i used to play game and paint. After few days we got a master to teach us the basic programs, what the funniest is I have worked in computer for 3 years in school, but I don’t know how to switch off. My cousin uncle gives me idea to learn the DTP related programs, like CorelDraw, Photoshop and PageMaker in need if I can work from home. But the person who teaches me was not too good on it, so I learn very little. Only in 2003 I learn the 3 programs well, with that I am just doing greetings, some graphic work and the PageMaker helps me now to my Desktop works for the Kalakshetra Publication. That’s how I introduced to this big world of Computers.

16 comments:

Swamy Srinivasan aka Kittu Mama said...

me first !!!!

Swamy Srinivasan aka Kittu Mama said...

//I was touch with computer and lessons from my 3rd STD.

neenga padikara kalathulla 3rd standard ippo 3 yearsla computer operate panraanga pasanga. advanceda poitrukku.

//have worked in computer for 3 years in school, but I don’t know how to switch off.
idhu comedy :)

//For me going to computer room was enjoyable, not only for the cool temperature, to watch the games miss play on the computer
yep ! school daysla computer room pordhunna gushi dhaan, chilll nu irukkume !

Nice post! reminded me of my school days !

starry said...

Nice post Jeevan.Looking back we cannot imagine a life without computers.

gP said...

indeed a nice story on how u got into all this. admire your persevation. U will do good brother, just give it some time.

Priya said...

Jeevan: It has become a necessity in our life as we live with computers. Its like our body carried every where.

Shiva said...

Jeevan, that was a vivid narration of how you were introduced to computers. I think, you made evryone nostalgic. Thanks for sharing.

Shiva said...

Jeevan, that was a vivid narration of how you were introduced to computers. I think, you made evryone nostalgic. Thanks for sharing.

monu said...

kudos to you..
heres wishing that you learn many more software that will help you express your creativity

Anonymous said...

Oh thats nice
jeevz thank god,you got a pc..otherwise i wd hv never met u my friend ;)

Nirek said...

Hi jeevan,
I saw the comp in my school labs way back in 1989 or so. The first experience was to draw the keyboard of computer and know the keys in it
:)

Syam said...

nice to know this...as monu says try to introduce yourself to some softwares which interests you... :-)

Balaji S Rajan said...

Jeevan,

Interesting. I am glad that you are making use of it well. I know that it keeps you in touch with people like us. Great !

KK said...

Thanks to computers for introducing me to friends like you all across the world :)
Have fun Jeevan :)

Jeevan said...

Kittu – first hi for being 1st:) correcta sonninga, even 4 year-old of my uncles daughter urge to buy a computer. we always work on school computer which always On, so I couldn’t learn it. Apa intha mathiri ac roomla poithan, naama anubavikaveandi iruuku. Thanks for coming here!

Starry – Thanks dear:) if the computer and nets haven’t found, the world have been taken years to develop in communication and ect…

GP – Thanks bro! sure, will always be in touch with it and try to learn more programs.

Priya – that’s true, that’s true… this time has that no work will be don’t with out computers.

Shiva – Thank you shiva:) and also sharing through comment! Glad every one looks backs their experience here.

Jeevan said...

Monu – as your wish dear:) will try some more.

Thooya – Thank you friend:) I too, would miss to get met a lovely friend (Anbu thozzhi) like you if I was intro to PC and Net.

Syam – Thanks syam! Sure will do it:)

Balaji – Hi friend, after long time here:) hope everything goes fine their. Thanks! I thanks this world to identify good friend like you. I will make this place very useful with all your supports. Take care.

KK – Thanks for being my friend kk;) let we all enjoy this world.

tulipspeaks said...

i first introduced to a PC when i was in my fourth standard. it was an ugly black screen with green writings. i cant seem to recall wht actually i learnt :|


=ammu=